Cloud Engineering Lead
Would you love to manage software development teams responsible for the complete software development life cycle at Materialise? Do you have a can-do mentality combined with a strong team spirit? As Cloud Engineer Lead, you will work in the Engineering department of the Materialise Software business unit and are responsible for multiple squads/teams developing and deploying cloud-native applications as well as shared platform components, as defined by their backlogs, and in line with the overall architectural platform vision.
What you will do
- You manage a group of self-organizing development squads that are responsible for the complete software development life cycle.
- You are the people manager of some key individuals in your squads, and you take care of the resource management of your group.
- You provide guidance to your squads in the technical implementation of our cloud-native applications and platform components.
- You coach your squads in applying the SAFe based agile software development process.
- You are a member of the Materialise Software Engineering Management Team, and you represent your engineering group towards internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a master’s degree in computer science or equivalent through experience;
- You have professional experience (min 5 years) in managing software development teams working on cloud-native applications in a shared platform
- You have a broad technical knowledge of state-of-the-art cloud software engineering
- Manufacturing industry and 3D printing knowledge is a plus.
- You work autonomously (self-starter), you have a can-do mentality, combined with a strong team spirit
- You have excellent knowledge of English (both written & spoken);
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
Location and type of contract
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.