Clinical Engineer (Japanese speaking)
As a Clinical Engineer, you are responsible for the end-to-end process of helping surgeons worldwide prepare for surgery with our advanced technologies.
What you will do
- Upon reception of medical scan data, you will work with our conversion engineers in Kiev, Colombia, and Malaysia to ensure the creation of an appropriate 3D model of the patient’s anatomy
- Based on this, you will assist the surgeon during a virtual planning session, planning all of the required surgical steps and implants the surgeon foresees on the patient’s digitized model
- Based on the approved virtual surgical plan, you ensure that appropriate case-specific medical models and guides are designed and manufactured according to our high-quality standards to transfer this virtual surgical planning into the OR
- After delivery of this surgical kit, you follow up with the surgeon, continuously looking for ways to improve our products and service — this involves maintaining contact with surgeons and medical professionals and occasionally being present during surgeries
- Next to this, you will also train surgeons and other medical professionals on the use of our products
- You will closely cooperate with conversion engineers and quality engineers in Colombia, Ukraine, and Malaysia; a strong focus on medical quality and quality improvement is necessary
- You graduated as an engineer, ideally holding a master’s degree in the biomedical field or a similar specialization
- Training will be provided: a strong interest in the medical world, excellent communication, and organizational skills are more important than your formal education
- You are accurate and well organized and work in a customer-centric way
- Problem-solving is second nature
- Excellent English and Japanese communication and written skills
- You pay attention to details, especially in accordance with the highest standards applicable to the industry of implantable medical devices
- You show strong involvement and respect commitments — especially deadlines
- You are a team player, are willing to integrate into the existing team, and would like to contribute to the performance level of the team
Location and type of contract
- Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Associate-level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.