As a Clinical Engineer, you will be in contact with surgeons worldwide and support them in preparing for CMF surgeries. You are responsible for the end-to-end process of guiding them through our advanced surgical planning technologies. If you want to contribute to a better and healthier world, apply now!
What you will do
- Responsible for the end-to-end process of helping surgeons worldwide prepare for surgery using Materialise’s virtual surgical planning software.
- Upon reception of the medical scan data, you will work together with our conversion engineers to ensure the creation of an appropriate 3D model of the patient’s anatomy.
- Assisting the surgeon during a virtual planning session, planning all of the required surgical steps and implants the surgeon foresees on the patient’s digitized model.
- Based on the approved virtual surgical plan, you ensure that appropriate case-specific medical models and guides are designed and manufactured according to our high-quality standards to transfer this virtual surgical planning into the OR.
- After delivery of this surgical kit, you follow up with the surgeon, continuously looking for ways to improve our products and services. This involves maintaining close contact with surgeons and medical professionals and occasionally being present during surgeries.
- You will also train surgeons and other medical professionals to use our products.
- A strong focus on medical quality and quality improvement is necessary.
- Biomedical engineering degree or a similar specialization
- Strong interest in the medical world
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Problem-solving profile
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written (nice to have: Spanish)
- You are able to pay attention to details, especially in accordance with the highest standards applicable to the industry of implantable medical devices
- You show strong involvement and respect commitments — especially deadlines
- You are a team player, willing to integrate into the existing team, and would like to contribute to the team's performance level
Location and type of contract
- Mid-senior level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.