As a category manager at Materialise, you will become part of a newly set-up global and center-led procurement organization that has taken its first steps out of the greenfield zone. As part of the procurement team, you will be given the opportunity to support building a strong future-proof procurement organization in the rapidly changing environment of additive manufacturing (AM).
What you will do
- Develop the category strategy and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Apply the category strategy in line with procurement process flows.
- Perform data analysis on a local, regional, and global level.
- Analyze cost drivers and price breakdowns.
- Understand markets and best practices.
- Monitor and report results regarding spending reduction measures.
- Set up/work with the business on RFQs or RFPs.
- Negotiate and implement contracts and service-level agreements.
- Research and evaluate suppliers.
- Optimize the supplier portfolio and manage a network of reliable value-adding suppliers.
- Ensure standards for quality, delivery, performance, and sustainability.
- Perform root cause analysis towards re-occurring supply or quality issues and take the lead in initiating corrective actions.
- Analyze and identify potential risks.
- Look for standardization.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Partner with different departments such as legal, quality, production, R&T, and logistics to identify and understand current and future business needs.
- Take the initiative if you come across room for standardization in procurement processes on a local, regional, and global level.
- Master’s degree or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a complex buyer position.
- Experience in an international environment is a plus.
- Experience leading high-value contract negotiations.
- Experience working independently and taking ownership.
- Strong analytical and financial skills: understand what the data is telling you to turn this input into insights.
- Strong commercial awareness to understand the needs of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and people skills to deploy in international cross-functional teams.
- Pro-active mindset, solution minded.
- Flexible and hands-on mentality.
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Mid-senior level position
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.