Cardiac Process Engineer
Materialise Medical has pioneered many leading medical applications of 3D printing and planning, enabling researchers, engineers, and clinicians to revolutionize innovative personalized treatments that help improve and save lives. In the cardiac field, Materialise develops and offers patient-specific procedural planning and 3D models to a growing and diversifying global customer base. To support our further growth, we're looking for a Process Engineer to strengthen our cardiac team.
What you will do
- Build up expertise — both on a product and process level — working with a variety of advanced software applications supporting quality inspection and the processing of imaging data
- Identify, define, and implement required process changes, including new software/process validations following Medical Quality Standards (ISO 13485, FDA QSR 820) on the documentation of your work
- Join a cross-functional team working closely together with product, development, and research teams ensuring/supporting the right actions are taken from ‘idea/need’ to ‘validation’
- Translate this into operational success by working closely with operational stakeholders, e.g., providing the right process documentation (work instructions), training, and support to our international operational teams
- Through involvement in a variety of activities and projects, we set up a growth trajectory in which you can shape your own future within Materialise
- You have a master’s degree in (bio)medical engineering and/or knowledge of anatomy through initial experience in the medical devices field; knowledge/experience in the cardiac domain is considered a plus
- The use of advanced software and AI sparks your curiosity; you have a strong interest in the medical devices industry
- You are quality and result-oriented: you have an eye for detail, but don’t get stuck on this; instead, you drive things forward toward success
- You are a team player and good at troubleshooting and problem-solving
- You have a strong, versatile, and proactive work ethic and are eager to learn
- You have full proficiency in English
- Availability within 3 months
Location and type of contract
- Leuven, Belgium
- Entry level
Working at Materialise
Materialise is a dynamic, international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,300 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research, and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.