· You are responsible for translating the product commercial strategies for our 3D printing and planning technologies to Medical device companies into an overall sales plan for your regions and product lines. Together with your team of sales managers you are responsible for the realization of the defined sales objectives. You coach the members of your team in order to help them reach their objectives and guide them in their professional development.
· You are part of the US Management Team. You translate the overall Medical strategy into product commercial strategies for your regions and product lines. You assure the sales plan is in line with the overall business unit commercial strategy and objectives and tailored to the market situation and diversity in your scope. You present and defend your sales plan towards senior sales and business unit management and provide input to sales strategy and organization design discussions.
· You actively monitor sales reporting (dashboards, KPI, forecasting,…) and follow up on the progress towards the targets set in the sales plans of your team members. You work with sales and account managers to help them realize their objectives and to overcome hurdles in making the sale.
· You analyze sales results and provide input on how the sales strategy can be improved and further fine-tuned based on your understanding of customer and market evolutions and sales expertise. You develop and propose solutions and guide their implementation.
· You work with your team of sales managers to set individual sales objectives and sales plans for their accounts and in line with the specific strengths of each.
· You maintain frequent contacts with strategically important customers and/or prospects to ensure that a long-term relationship can be built up and, thus, the set turnover can be realized. Act as the account manager for selected key customers.
· Oversee consistent pricing and the correctness of outgoing quotations and contracts to ensure that the customer is given an honest and correct proposal.
· Oversee that employees collect all required data that may have a key role when analyzing consumer behavior, positioning of competitive products, actions, sales techniques and market position of the competition to ensure that correct and timely analyses can be carried out.
· You assure an alignment between the strengths and capabilities of your team members and the needs of the organization and market, in order to maximize your team’s impact with the available resources. You identify gaps and develop and propose actions where resources or skills are needed to meet objectives, or where structural improvements can be made.
· Coach and work on the development of your employees to ensure their competencies, skills and know-how are used and developed to the best advantage and to work as a well-functioning team.
· Ensure you are well-informed about the evolutions within the specific field and that your knowledge is up-to-date within the context of new developments to ensure your credibility can be strengthened by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge.
· Input from market into product strategies
· Bachelor’s degree, required
· Degree in business, engineering or other relevant studies, will be an advantage
· Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
· At least 10 years of experience in sales and business development, people management
· Experience in technical solution selling within a B2B market
· Experience in medical device sector
· Partnership mindset – trust builder
· Proficient knowledge of English is essential, any other language is an asset
· Good analytical skills, meticulous approach with a high level of attention to detail
· Ability to communicate with people from different levels, both internally and externally, with excellent listening, coaching and presentation skills
· Knowledge of current production techniques is a plus
· Good sales empathy skills - ability to identify with and understand the customer’s situation, feelings and motives
· Willingness to exceed our customer’s expectations
· Professional, self-motivated
· Entrepreneurial and ability to work autonomously
· Strong networking and negotiation skills
Travel: 30% with some international travel required
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Materialise offers you
People are the cornerstone of Materialise and we treasure the talent, skills, and values of our employees very highly. We believe that maintaining the right environment and culture for employees is crucial for an organization’s success. Therefore, we are devoted to building a global team of specialists in an open environment that favors personal growth. Programs have been put in place to keep our fair, direct company culture alive. Moreover, we proudly invest in personal development and offer challenging careers where employees are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally. You will liaise with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day will be the same. Your effort and energy will be rewarded with a competitive salary and with extralegal advantages. In order to have a good work-life balance, we offer you flexible working hours.