Are you passionate about engineering? Do you enjoy helping others understand an application’s potential and solving application dilemmas? If yes, then we have a job for you as an Application Engineer!
Materialise is looking for fresh engineering talent to work with the world’s top engineering organizations to support their use of our industry-standard additive manufacturing software. Our customers include the world’s top engineering industries such as aviation, automotive, medical device, consumer goods, and more. We are looking for an engineer that will provide customer support for technical products in a 3D CAD-like environment. The Application Engineer will help ensure our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contribute to their long-term loyalty. We are looking for a focused individual who thrives in an environment of high growth and change and wants to be part of a company that is leading the way in 3D Printing.
Qualifications & Experience
- Support customers in the most optimal use of our software solutions
- Interface with customers to determine and assess their technical requirements, expectations and recommend solutions
- Provide technical demonstrations via the web and face-to-face visits
- Work in collaboration with the sales team
- Assist with technical demonstrations at trade shows
- Act as a liaison between our customers and software development team
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the customer’s products, business, strategy and industry to understand any opportunities for Materialise
- Establish strong relationships with customer base at all levels
- Network with business contacts in the industry
- Bachelors in engineering - mechanical, computer, electrical, manufacturing, computer science or other technical degree required
- 1 - 3 years relevant work experience is a plus
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Rapid Prototyping, Additive Manufacturing or CAD Software a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Expert troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels
This is a full time, exempt position in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with competitive salary and benefits. Assistance for relocation or visa sponsorship is not available.
mail Resumes without cover letter will not be accepted.
Travel Required: 20% domestic and international
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
It is the policy of Materialise to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, height, weight, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
It is the policy of Materialise USA to comply with all federal and state laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Furthermore, it is the company policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, release, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.