Qualifications & Experience
We're looking for a passionate candidate who is dedicated to the production of medical quality applications. It is important that you can show good team working skills and are ready to help drive the continued success of this product. We do not expect you to have previous medical industry experience, all necessary training and support is available.
You will be working within a dedicated team of developers in an agile development and testing environment.
- Review customer and product management requirements and provide robust solutions and implementation alternatives to deliver suitable and appropriate solutions to agreed timescales.
- Design, code, and unit test software. Review designs and code of other engineers.
- Developing product features and ensure its fit with current and probable future requirements ensuring the integrity, sustainability and scalability of design and adherence to best practices.
- Liaise with Product Manager, development team and stakeholders.
- Identify key components and processes for improvement and recommend how that improvement should be made.
- Introduce new technologies and process and evangelise the use of suitable ones within Engineering.
- 2 years’+ experience of commercial Java
- A strong team ethic and desire to succeed
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of best practice software engineering processes and techniques
- Customer oriented thinking
- Attention to detail and tenacity
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of quality – including good design practices, understanding of the importance of process, documentation and testing
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and hosting environments
- Experience in delivering Cloud solutions (private or public)
- Willingness to be involved in cyber security aspects
- Experience working in agile environment
Any of the following skills/qualifications are advantageous
- Knowledge of DICOM or Image Processing applications in general
- Development within regulated environments such as the medical or aerospace industry
Ideally you have a Software Engineering, Mathematical or Scientific based degree.
What’s in it for you
- Great opportunity to make the world a better place
- Learning and training opportunities to keep your skills sharp
- Friendly Team
- Flexible working policy
- Private medical, dental, DIS insurance
- Pension plan
- Virtual Reality and PlayStation corner
- Fresh fruit