Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 1,800 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Materialise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Medical team in Southampton.
Qualifications & Experience
As a Senior Software Engineer you will own, architect, design, code and unit test software as directed by the Engineering Manager to clinically regulated standards and drive best practice software development.
Design, code and unit test software in a manner conformant with Materialise's procedures policies & standards.
Responsible for defining the product architecture ensuring its fit with current and probable future requirements ensuring the integrity, sustainability and scalability of design and adherence to best practices.
Review customer and product management requirements and provide robust solutions and implementation alternatives in order to deliver suitable and appropriate solutions to agreed timescales.
Review designs and code of other engineers.
Define and estimate tasks and deliver them at the required standard to the schedule agreed with the project manager.
Lead, mentor, support and encourage others in software engineering techniques.
Project manage releases or enhancements.
Technically lead new projects or development of enhancements.
Introduce new technologies and process and evangelise the use of suitable ones within Engineering.
Identify key components and processes for improvement and recommend how that improvement should be made.
- You have exceptional Software Development ability, including deep understanding of Object Orientated Design
- You have best practice experience of relevant software architectures and their application to commercial environments.
- You demonstrate understanding of the importance of quality – including good design practices, understanding of the importance of process, documentation and testing
- You possess good communication skills
- You are able to work in a team with examples of technically leading others
- You can prioritize
- You have aide experience of best practice software engineering processes and techniques
- You can lead, coach and mentor other members of the development team.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.