Qualifications & Experience
Engineering & support Manager
- Day to day man management of engineering staff.
- Lead, mentor, support and encourage the team to aid their personal development and to assist them in reaching their objectives. Perform appraisals and salary reviews according to the company standards and identify training requirements.
- Work closely with project manager to ensure efficient allocation of project teams and timely delivery of engineering projects.
- Responsibility for the implementation and adherence to the Quality Management System, including process owner activities.
- Ensure customer support is efficient and continous.
- Reporting of engineering issues, status, customer satisfaction and statistics to senior management.
- Introduce appropriate new technologies and process and evangelise the use of suitable ones within engineering.
- Create a suitable working environment for creative and productive development of medical grade software.
- Encourage innovation and creativity in solving real world problems.
- Responsibility for task authorisation, risk management, and product release.
- Responsible for final change control authorization for final release acceptance for distribution of software to the market.
Technical Product Management
- Define the technical product roadmap including business context, product capabilities and market positioning.
- Contribute to a longer term roadmap and vision for the solution or products.
- Work closely with stakeholders in the development of software applications for the Hospitals, Medical device companies and academic institutions.
- Together with commercial product manager, achieve a balance between market pull and technology push based on the product development strategy.
Work together with the product marketers to understand market dynamics and needs in order to develop market-leading software products.
- Define the product value stream for end-users and coordinate end to end product release-to-market.
- Provide internal product updates to the rest of the organization.
- You have a degree educated in Engineering, Computing, Science, Medical or Mathematical Based Discipline, or acquired equivalent level by experience;
- You should be an experienced software development manager with 5+ year’s relevant software development management experience;
- You have experience in agile development methodologies;
- You are able to set product strategy, create product roadmaps and drive its execution;
- You have exceptional management skills of highly skilled technical teams;
- You have demonstrated understanding of the importance of quality – including good design practices, understanding of the importance of process, documentation and testing;
- You are experienced in delivery of quality driven software to commercially driven deadlines;
- You have strong communication skills;
- You have a wide experience of best practice software engineering processes and techniques;
- You are result driven.
- Any of the following skills might be an advantage:
- CI/CD Experience
- Experience with performance testing tools
- Experience with Java or another (object-oriented) programming language
- Knowledge of DICOM or Image Processing applications in general
- Gradle, Git, Spring, HTML5, Groovy, JPA
- Experience in regulated environments such as the medical or aerospace industry