Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,100 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Manufacturing unit is a unit which combines several web-based .Net projects:
1) Online 3d printing service for business and for consumers
This system is home-brewed order management for all AMS orders, all the nonmedical 3D printed parts that produced within Materialise are created and supported in this system. It covers the process from the first contact with the customer and to the final step of payment
At some point in time Materialise decided to go to the market of serial production and this system is called to cover this need and called to support it in the most convenient way. When we had started designing this system we decided to make a system that will be able to substitute the old PrototypeDB and we chose microservice architecture to be able to combine already created API’s into the new systems. As a benefit, we have got the possibility to have different external integrations without any changes in our API’s.
3) Wearable online
Materialise produce customer specific wearable products like eyewear, insoles (running, cycling, golf), liners (inner part of ski boot) and more will be added in the future. Wearable Online Platform offers to customers the creation of orders that contains customer information required for the design of unique wearable product. After the information is received system run complex workflow that if say simply create a custom design and prepare it for 3D printing. Platform contains different modules that are general and specific for each partner/product. There is a User Interface that allows order, user, product management for external and internal Materialise users.
Qualifications & Experience
- Define the strategy of software development in the unit and conduct umbrella vision for all systems in the landscape;
- Take the lead in the decision making on the overall software systems architecture, interfaces, application interoperability and architecture;
- Lead the definition of new software platforms for the Manufacturing unit;
- Contribute to technical roadmaps to support the development strategy and plans;
- Deploy application architecture roadmaps;
- Design the system architecture to a level required for project teams and their architects to pick up the detailed design and implementation;
- Maintain contacts with peers within and outside of Materialise;
- Present systems architecture to stakeholders as and when necessary;
- Are responsible for maintaining and updating the knowledge in the architecture team;
- Lead the introduction of new technologies and methods;
- integrity of segment architecture, integration matters and dataflow design within applications across Manufacturing and other departments, guarantee proper integrations of several systems
- new features in systems as to their impact on the whole landscape
- requirements discovery / Constraints Analysis and matching with existent solution architecture
- cost efficiency of environments
- 5+ years of experience in .Net development
- 2+ years of experience as an architecture
- Experience in creating and managing an architecture of product portfolio or system portfolio
- Experience in working in project teams and leading a team
- Knowledge of and experience in relevant design methods, like modeling;
- Capable of functionally managing application architects.
- Abstract, analytical, and creative thinker;
- Ability to look beyond the well-trodden paths;
- Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems;
- Has a natural preponderance, can convince others but does not take up positions, is communicative and a good listener, is ready to look at more than one solution, and can put ideas across;
- Coaching skills and experience;
- Improvement attitude.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.