Qualifications & Experience
- Define the architecture of the software products and ensure it fulfills the functional and non-functional requirements, in line with business objectives (e.g. cost), and that it minimizes technical debt.
- Ensure that the product/solution architecture fits in the overall system architecture as defined by the Lead Architect.
- Contribute to the definition of the products' strategy and lead the decision taking with regard to the translation of product strategy into software architectural choices.
- Ensure that software quality is built into the architecture of the products/solutions.
- Owner of the technology and architectural roadmap of products/solutions and coach the teams to implement the roadmap.
- Member of the Architecture Chapter of the Engineering department and contribute & adopt the proposed cross-cutting concerns, architectural principles and architectural best practices.
- Refine the product/solution architecture to the level required for the squad developers.
- Participate in the PI Planning meeting and look for integration points with other teams.
- Understand the components and responsibilities of the other MTLS Software products.
- Ensure compliance with corporate quality standards, standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Coach for the developers in the team.
- 3+ years of experience in product/solution development in a senior developer role, using Agile/Scrum methodology
- In-depth understanding of architectural patterns, quality attributes and system thinking
- Experience in monitoring and adopting emerging IT technologies like cloud native architecture, platform API,..
- Action oriented and can reach decisions from stakeholders which might have conflicting objectives
- Open towards different opinions and technologies and can weigh them against each other or know who to contact when in doubt
- Clear communicator, able to bring a coherent vision to all stakeholders
- Experience coaching a team of developers, helping them work on things they are good at, making sure challenging tasks are distributed