Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 2,100 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
As the System Architect, you are responsible for the overall software architecture of the Materialise Additive Manufacturing products for high-end manufacturers and to ensure that the system architecture supports the overall business strategy. The product portfolio consists out of pre- and post-processing applications for high-end 3D printers, workflow applications and quality control applications.
Qualifications & Experience
- You define – together with the Product Architects - the system architecture of the different Materialise Additive Manufacturing CAM products. The system architecture includes application architecture and platform architecture;
- You define – together with the Product Architects - the architectural mechanism for the different quality attributes (scalability, interoperability, security, reliability, ..) of the product portfolio;
- You define architecture roadmaps to support the portfolio strategy;
- You support product architects and platform architects in implementing the overall system architecture in their products and platforms
- You will organize architectural review sessions with different product teams
- You advise BU Management on architectural directions
- You maintain contacts with peers within and outside of Materialise, Additive Manufacturing consortiums and universities;
- You are responsible for maintaining and updating the knowledge in the architecture team;
- You lead the introduction of new technologies and methods.
Experience and skills
- Master (of Science) in Computer Science or acquired equivalent level by experience;
- Minimal 15 years in software development with minimum 5 years in architecture roles;
- Experience in developing technical software products with high requirements on availability, interoperability and performance;
- Experience in different architectural styles and patterns;
- Experience in agile development methodologies and various development languages (C++, C#);
- Experience in managing system architectures in an agile development organization;
- Experience in working with product architects in matrix organization;
- Experience with emerging technologies like cloud, big data, machine learning;
- Coaching skills and experience.
- Abstract, analytical, and creative thinker;
- Ability to look beyond the well-trodden paths;
- Lateral thinker with helicopter view, capable of finding an appropriate solution to complex problems;
- Has a natural preponderance, can convince others but does not take up positions, is communicative and a good listener, is ready to look at more than one solution, and can put ideas across;
- Stress resistent;
- Improvement attitude.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.