Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 1,800 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Qualifications & Experience
As a Streamics Sales Application Engineer, you are passionate about understanding and delivering to the needs of our customers and translating these requirements to our product teams. You love to listen and learn, so you can apply your knowledge of customer AM processes to show our customers how they can improve their productivity through the use of a state of the art AM production management system.
You will be part of our worldwide team, where we all bring our own knowledge, skills and perspectives together. We support each other through sharing knowledge, creating best practices and pushing ourselves to be the best we can be. In this role, you’ll also be communicating directly with the product development teams to make sure you the software is implemented in accordance with the needs of the customer.
Some of the things you will do in your day to day sales engineering life:
- You own the technical sales process, using your skills and knowledge (and even more your awesome attitude) to convince clients and prospective users of the benefits of our software products for their business needs;
- You demonstrate the functioning, features and workflows of our AM Production Management and related software products to clients and prospect users via workshops, tailored software demonstrations, meetings and at events;
- You assist our customers to ensure their AM production runs smoothly, gather customer feedback and identify common customer needs. Together with your own insights, you provide this as input to our product development teams;
- You are the technical contact point for AM production management software for our sales teams and combine your technical wizardry with their sales mastery to deliver a seamless and successful experience to our customers;
- Once you master our software, you also give training to new and experienced customers to improve their skills and knowledge of our software products.
- You continuously look for ways we can improve our and our customer’s processes and develop yourself at the same time, supported by a great learning environment.
- You have an engineering or software background (computer science, electromechanical, chemical, mathematical, …)
- Experience in process analysis is a definite plus, as well as any technical sales experience and experience in additive manufacturing
- You love to communicate and convince, and you do so fluently in Japanese (native) and English;
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with an understanding of complex software tools;
- Experience in scripting and/or web development is a plus
- You are willing to travel occasionally;
- You have a good general IT knowledge, including
- Networking, server hardware and storage solutions
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration
- MS SQL Server administration
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.