The main objective is to meet assigned revenue targets through the activities of their sales team, across all GTM business lines. Driving sales force productivity and getting the best out of each employee is key in achieving this objective. The Sales Manager simultaneously needs to play three key roles: People manager, Customer manager and Business manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- People Management
- You are responsible for performance management and for setting team and individual targets and objectives.
- You act as a coach toward to team and toward individual members by participating in sales visits and following up on their progress and forecast.
- You foster team collaboration and keep team informed and aligned with the strategy.
- You unite the team by ensuring that all work as a unit and share best practices
- You lead by example and motivate with motivational tactics.
- You recruit, select, onboard, and train new team members by planning training programs.
- You ensure sales process is adhered to and that CRM and SAW is used correctly.
- You embrace sales processes and systems, ensuring local Japanese needs are met, working with global Sales Operations Manager.
- You foster Materialise culture and values, prioritize, communicate, and deliver results.
- Managing customer needs
- You maintain a deep understanding of customer needs.
- You resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints.
- You provide expertise when setting and adjusting pricing plans and discount rates, in alignment with HQ sales management.
- You provide advanced negotiation expertise in large deals and accounts.
- You connect HQ with key customers and sales people in the field.
- Managing the business
- You determine and assign sales quotas, targets, and/or goals.
- You project and forecast monthly, annual and quarterly revenue for all three GTM channels (Direct, Channels, OEM).
- You develop sales strategies to acquire new customers.
- You track sales team metrics as requested by, and share them with sales management.
- You analyze sales data and develop plans to address gaps.
- You collaborate with marketing on campaigns and lead generation.
- You prepare budgets and approve expenses.
- You monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends and feedback to HQ.
- You advance own professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and other educational trainings, participating in professional local societies and industry networks, and reading professional and industry publications.
- You provide a long-term vision for the Materialise Software business in Japan, in collaboration with the Office Manager.
- You build a strong working relationship stakeholders in Software in HQ.
- You participate in annual Software Heartbeat key Sales events.
- You build, regularly review and update a 3 to 5 year rolling strategy and plan, in line with Japanese market.
- You build longer term strategy for the coming manufacturing market, as well as a plan to address and capture this AM manufacturing software market.
- You prepare for key account management in relation to above to identify top Japanese manufacturers, working with Director Key Account Management.
- You embrace Channel strategy and work with Director Channel & Partner Management in gradually implementing it, taking into account the local Japanese market situation and requirements.
- You embrace global support strategy, ensuring local/global Japanese needs are met, working with Global Customer Support Manager.
- You have more than 10 years of sales experience, of which a minimum of 5 years building/managing sales teams.
- You have a good understanding of the 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing industry.
- You have a proven track record of meeting/exceeding goals as an individual contributor and show successes in building a territory.
- You are skilled at building rapport with, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers.
- You combine strong analytical skills with an ability to work in matrix structure in international environment.
- You are decisive and based on the right data, comfortable in making the right decision.
- You are familiar with implementing sales processes and the use of CRM systems.
- You have a high ability to build relationships based on integrity and trust with peers, cross-functional counterparts, and upper management within office and with HQ, across departments
- You have empathy and the ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- You developed excellent coaching skills: ability to observe, evaluate, and give meaningful feedback to team members.
- You have the ability to unite a team under a shared vision and know what motivates each member, taking into account individual differences and needs. You commit to help others in the team be successful
- You have outstanding communication skills and are a good listener.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.