Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 1,800 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Qualifications & Experience
As a Sales Application Engineer, you are passionate about translating the value of our software to specific customer situations.
You love to listen and learn, so you can apply your knowledge of our product portfolio to show our customers how they can work better, faster and deliver the highest quality.
As a Sales Application Engineer, you are part of a worldwide team, where we all bring our own knowledge, skills and perspectives together. We support each other through sharing knowledge, creating best practices and pushing ourselves to be the best we can be.
Some of the things you will do in your day to day sales engineering life:
- You own the technical sales process, using your skills and knowledge to convince clients and prospective users of the benefits of our software products for their business needs;
- You are the technical contact point for our sales teams and combine your technical wizardry with their sales mastery to deliver a seamless and successful experience to our customers;
- You perform pre- and post-sales tasks:
- You demonstrate the functioning, features and workflows of our software products to clients and prospect users via tailored software demonstrations, meetings and at events;
- You also execute benchmarks for prospective customers;
- You also help customers who have bought our software with the questions and troubleshoot where possible, or escalate to our HQ; o You assist our customers to ensure they get the best use of our portfolio, gather customer feedback and identify common customer needs. Together with your own insights, you provide this as input to our product development teams;
- Once you master our software, you also give training to new and experienced customers to improve their skills and knowledge of our software products;
- You continuously look for ways we can improve our processes and develop yourself at the same time, supported by a great learning environment
- You have an engineering background (material science, computer science, electromechanical, chemical, mathematical, …) and combine this with a strong interest in software and in understanding how our software enables the fastest, most efficient 3D printers to run;
- Having experience with metal-related manufacturing processes (milling, casting, …) is a must;
- Having experience as a Sales Application Engineer (or any of its guises such as technical presales, solution engineer, system engineer) is a plus, interest and motivation to learn a must;
- You love to communicate and convince, and you do so fluently in native Japanese. As you need to communicate also with the people in our HQ and other offices, you also have an excellent knowledge of business English;
- You know that a software demo is more than showing functionality and want to showcase this;
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with an understanding of complex software tools;
- Experience with CAD software, additive manufacturing or FEA are considered an advantage;
- You’re ready to work with bright people, in an open environment that supports your growth.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.