Qualifications & Experience
Pro-actively establish, maintain and grow profitable business relationships with customers and distributors in line with the overall sales and business strategy, guiding and coaching a team, the main focus being:
- Developing the sales and marketing strategy for the region, in line with global strategies, implementing the plans via strong interaction and coaching of the sales team and if needed by managing distributors.
- P&L responsibility for the medical business.
- People management of the sales team, consisting of 2 account managers and 1 Clinical engineer.
- Maintaining and increasing strong sales growth with existing or acquiring new customers. This by managing your TEAM and/or distributors to develop the business in their area. Next to that you will work part time (70%) on your own sales target within defined customer & product segments.
- Developing profitable and stable relationships with customers, identifying their needs and formulating technical solutions in conjunction with the support of commercial/service teams.
- Coaching the sales TEAM on the field, to develop sales skills and sales tactics in order to reach targets.
- Keeping track of the sales funnel and initiating appropriate action where needed, based on segmentation & targeting exercise.
- Maintaining the driven atmosphere within the sales team, doing this by understanding, living and spreading the Materialise culture within the team.
- You possess at least a bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences, Engineering (Biomedical, Mechanical, etc.), or equivalent through Sales Experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Sales Experience. Experience in medical environment is needed and experience in medical devices sales for craniomaxillo facial (CMF) or orthopedic surgery is a strong asset.
- A first experience in people management role, managing a small TEAM in an operational way.
- Proven leadership skills in a competitive environment.
- Positive and flexible mindset and can-do attitude
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate with people from different levels both internally and externally, with excellent listening, coaching and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Professional and self-motivated.
- Willingness to exceed our customers' expectations.
- You are located at the Gold coast and will travel frequently in the field.
- Your field time should be min. 2 weeks/month.
- You are well organized, team-oriented and have good communication skills in English.