Qualifications & Experience
- You will be responsible for defining and managing the architecture of one of our newest applications/platforms.
- You will provide and think about implementation work decomposition, estimates, and technology options.
- You will be the technical/architectural point of contact for your team and will share best practices with them.
- You will communicate and negotiate on architectural solutions and their implementation with the development team, other teams, and other departments.
- You will represent your team in the Materialise group of architects to communicate and negotiate on architectural solutions and their implementations.
- You will actively participate in our agile working culture such as sprint plannings, backlog refinements, and daily stand-up meetings.
- You’ll maintain architecture documentation.
- You’ll participate in Materialise’s activities related to cloud solutions and provide appropriate advice.
- You can choose to either work out of our office in Bremen (Germany) or out of our HQ in Leuven (Belgium) and you will collaborate on a daily basis with our colleagues in other offices. You can work remotely to up to 60% of your time.
- You show a proven track record in managing software architecture in an agile development organization, meaning:
- You have sound knowledge of software engineering and architectural principles and methods.
- You have detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, information management, big data, etс.
- You have experience with distributed systems, asynchronous/messaging patterns.
- You value software quality and have a good sense for non-functional requirements to software and programming code such as performance, maintainability, and usability.
- You have experience with/working knowledge of:
- .NET and C#,
- The design of modern cloud-native apps: Docker, Kubernetes, micro-services, and DevOps,
- Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and surrounding tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon Storage etc.);
- Ability to walk up the cloud stack (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) model with modern terminology and relevance,
- Designing and developing integrations and interactions with other systems and applications.
- You are familiar with networking technologies and with DevOps tools as related to software solution design.
- You have at least a basic knowledge of agile working methods (such as Scrum, Kanban) and are eager to be part of a self organizing team.
- Wide knowledge of the IT market and trends.
- You have excellent (English) communication and presentation skills.
- You’re a lateral thinker with a helicopter view, capable of finding appropriate possible solutions to challenges.
- Last but not least, you love taking ownership in helping Materialise in our mission to help companies across different sectors (aerospace, automotive, medical, industrial, …) scale their additive manufacturing workflows, further propelling Industry 4.0.