The academic market is a critical focus on Materialise Medical division, to support new innovations, stay in touch with state of the art technologies and educate the next generation of biomedical engineers. As product market manager you are responsible for defining and following up the product marketing strategy for the academic market. You are part of the Mimics Innovation Suite product marketing team, with whom you work closely together to address customer needs across markets.
Materialise Mimics Innovation Suite is a market leading software suite for medical image based engineering and research. With the end goal of improving patient care, medical device companies, hospitals and academic institutes worldwide use the software to develop new patient specific treatment options and translate them into safe and effective products that reach many patients. The Mimics Innovation Suite is a software toolbox that allows you to import CT or MRI data, convert these into accurate patient models, perform a surgical planning, create finite element meshes, design patient specific devices and export to 3D printing.
Product Marketing Strategy & Roadmap
- You define and update the product business plan and roadmap based on prioritizing those product developments and commercial initiatives that have most impact on the products short and long-term commercial potential.
- Based on the input from sales, research & development and customers, you initiate study and analysis on functional improvements, market/customer evolutions and competitive developments that could be addressed in future versions of your product(s) or that could lead to new products.
Go-to-Sales & Go-to-Market
- You assure the sales organization is provided with the tools and information that allows them to appropriately communicate the product value proposition to potential customers
- You assure the sales organization is appropriately trained about the product clinical and technical characteristics and commercial messaging.
- You monitor and guide the performance of sales organization, in the realization of the sales efforts and results as set in the product business plan.
- You work with the marketing communication team on the development of marketing messages and materials to support the sales team in their Go-To–Market actions.
- You plan, coordinate and guide the implementation of new product launches or new market launches
- You contribute to the development of new and improved commercial approaches that can be used across the entire product portfolio.
Academic Collaborations & Networking
- You identify key universities and professors, initiate contacts together with sales teams.
- From your understanding of the research field and the Materialise strategy, you seek for synergetic collaboration opportunities.
- You manage the Mimics Innovation Awards (MIAs), a yearly Materialise initiative that supports promising researchers to translate their research into patient care. You assemble and collaborate with the MIA jury, including Materialise’s CEO in the selection.
- You identify key conferences for the academic market and coordinate with marketing communications an effective presence.