You define new concepts and designs for our 3D medical software whose user base ranges from functionality geeky researchers up to workflow-driven medical professionals. For all user types, you guarantee an optimal user experience, thereto you collaborate closely with R&D teams, product managers and end-users. You organize your time over creating graphical and UI elements for new functionalities, and defining a long-term vision on the product’s usability and user interface.
Qualifications & Experience
- You collect and analyze user needs;
- You turn the needs into features from function to aesthetics;
- You create graphical and UI elements for new functionalities;
- You write clear user specifications in accordance with regulations;
- You review software requirement specifications of team members, safeguarding excellent user experience;
- You’re responsible for designing a cohesive style guide ensuring consistency in visual elements and software behavior;
- You modernize the look and feel of existing software taking into account its user-base;
- You set-up, manage and conduct end-user tests to iteratively improve concepts towards a user-centric software;
- You collaborate together with the Product Managers towards a long-term usability and user-interface plans for new products or for the redesign of existing solutions;
- You assess usability of a competitive solution and make recommendations for usability improvements;
- You provide training to Functional Analysts and Application Engineers on general usability and product specific style and behavior guides.
- You have a degree in Product Design, Product Development, or equivalent through experience;
- You already have 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar position
- You have an eye for graphical design;
- You master Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, XD cc), Axure, Sketch, or any similar prototyping tools;
- You take a genuine interest in medical application and 3D printing;
- You have the talent to quickly turn detailed workflow observations into helicopter view concepts;
- You are detail oriented and can work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- You have excellent (English) communication and collaboration skills;
- You know your way around creating wireframes of screens, storyboards, sitemap, …;
- You handle multiple UX methods (interview, observation, brainstorm, persona’s, …)
- You understand UI concepts such as selection behavior, focus, visualization, …;
- You are open-minded and consider other people’s opinions and ideas;
- You’re willing to travel up to 10%.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.