Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 1,800 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Are you ready to contribute to the revolution of personalized patient care and are you passionate about high-tech software and innovation? Do you have experience with Unity and Augmented Reality/Mixed Reality? Then you are the person we are looking for!
The surgical planning solutions of Materialise allow surgeons to prepare and optimize surgery prior to actually executing it on the patient. For its next generation products, Materialise Medical is looking to transfer planning to surgery via new digital pathways, first and foremost Augmented and Mixed Reality. This will give surgeons more intra-operative flexibility and allow them to bring the benefits of planning to more patients.
As AR/MR Unity software developer, you will be part of the Materialise AR/MR team and develop proof of concept applications for AR-powered surgical planning execution. By focusing on the surgeon’s workflow, you will create a seamless interface between surgical planning and the surgery itself. Your Unity code will run on multiple AR devices (including HoloLens) and for multiple types of surgery. You will incorporate feedback from surgeons to optimize the robustness and the user-friendliness of the solution.
Next to this, your solutions will also allow users of the Mimics, Enlight and SurgiCase Planner softwares to interact with 3D models in AR headsets. Mimics is a flag-ship product of Materialise which implements handling and processing of medical image data and which is used by thousands of biomedical researchers and engineers in leading hospitals, academia and medical device companies. Enlight and SurgiCase Planners are clinical-workflow oriented software packages (desktop respectively cloud).
After creating successfully proof-of-concepts, you assure a smooth flow of your code through the agile software product life cycle (from conceptualization to testing, validation and roll-out) and collaborate with bigger development teams when incorporating your code into production software platforms.
Qualifications & Experience
• Proof-of-concept and Product Development: You develop and implement existing and new functionality and workflows in Unity. You integrate your code with existing planner solutions. You iterate on the solution based on verification and validation feedback from surgeons and internal users. You ensure high-quality maintainable code which works fast and reliable on realistic data taking into account functional and non-functional requirements. After establishing the proof-of-concept, you follow the agile software development lifecycle and use the available software development environment and tools.
• Workflow analysis: You are responsible for analyzing the customer process and clinical needs and coming up with appropriate solutions to address these needs. You participate in beta testing of your early software versions and adapt the software based on customer feedback.
• Support: Occasionally you assist our sales application engineer in giving support to key customers when they have technical questions about the software. You are usually involved in third-line support and are backup for second line support.
• You have a Master degree in computer science, software development, informatics, biomedical engineering, other engineering, or similar;
• You have software development experience in Unity;
• You have excellent analytical skills and a creative and independent problem solver;
• You have a passion for innovation;
• You are communicative and like working in a multi-disciplinary team;
• You are able to map and analyze competitor products;
• You are willing to travel occasionally;
• You have good to excellent communication skills in professional English;
• Experience with Medical software applications, agile software development lifecycle, GIT, TFS, HoloLens, computer vision, 3D data (meshes) is a plus.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.