We are looking for a highly motivated and results-driven Technical Writer who would like to thrive in a fast-paced, international environment. As a Technical Writer, you will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather large volumes of complex content, and you translate this into clear and easy to read documents.
You will work in our Software business unit, where we provide companies a platform of software tools that manage and control their 3D printing process more efficiently, allowing our customers to meet the highest standards of the most demanding industries.
Qualifications & Experience
- You will liaise with Product Managers, Project Managers and SME’s to define content and to compile documentation plans;
- You will cooperate closely with Software Engineers and SME’s to collect necessary technical information;
- You will write technical and functional guides, release notes, and online help to clarify changes or new features as products evolve;
- You will write, review, and edit process and procedure descriptions with regard to software development cycle and collaboration;
- You will cooperate closely with translation and localization specialists to facilitate translations of documentation and/or UI elements;
- You deliver content as needed to meet release dates and deadlines;
- You commit changes to source control to ensure documentation is built as part of the product continuous integration process.
- You have at least 3 years of technical writing experience (preferably within a software development context);
- English proficiency (native / CEFR level C2);
- You’re familiar with best practices in the field of single sourcing, structured authoring, and embedded user assistance;
- You understand your target audience and their documentation needs, and you’re capable of thoroughly eliciting technical information through interviews with SME’s;
- You can translate technical information into clear, simple, and concise text;
- You can adhere to writing guidelines and you can review processes.
- You have excellent and creative problem solving skills;
- You’re a pro-active team player, but can also work autonomously;
- Knowledge of any (or more) of the following is considered a major advantage:
- Software development processes & procedures;
- 3D printing technologies;
- Agile principles;
- Content authoring using Madcap Flare;
- Git source control system
- You’re at your best when you can work in a growing, fast-paced company in a rapidly changing industry.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.