Are you looking for an innovative setting? Do you love to work with the newest technologies in the 3D Printing industry? Are you eager to build the bridge between customers and Materialise? Then it’s you we are looking for to complete our team as a Solution Architect!
As Solution Architect you will combine a few roles: solution architecting, business analysis and business development. An incredibly versatile role, working towards increased versatility of our 3D Print Factory software suite solutions. Sounds like something up your alley? Continue reading to get more info on job responsibilities & requirements, and don’t hesitate to apply!
Qualifications & Experience
Solution Architecting (Main Role)
- You will be responsible for designing solutions for:
- The 3D Print Factory segment. In agreement with the Segment Owner/Market manager you will be assigned specific customer Segments for which you will design Segment Software Suite Solutions. You define user needs for that specific segment, assist in assessing the value of the defined user needs and create a product position and price proposal. For the Segment Solution roadmap, you will initiate project charters and lobby with engineering product managers to get their commitment. Project management of new segment solutions is done by PMO if rated “complex” otherwise by the SA.
- Specific strategic or Gold/Platinum Accounts after approval from the Segment Owner. For individual custom made Solutions, you will work with the Account Manager and market manager to identify the needs of the account and translate them into a business and functional analysis for the solution. You design solutions as much as possible towards standard product solutions and avoid customization. You make pricing proposals for the partner solutions to the segment owner. Project management of new segment solutions is done by PMO if rated “complex” otherwise by the SA.
- You will be a key opinion leader on our product strategy. You will act as consultant in several related decision cases and are expected to proactively present proposals for our product strategy to the Segment Owner and the Software Management Team. You are also expected to be a key opinion leader outside the company: participating in trade shows and industry events both as visitor to improve our knowledge of the market, and as speaker to convey our message.
- You will benchmark our segment solutions against competition and use this intelligence in the segment solution roadmaps.
Business Development (Second Role)
- You will take the lead in specified projects where MTLS can address new segments or expand within existing segments. You identify these opportunities and engage the required stakeholders (starting with the market teams) for your case.
- You will combine market knowledge and product knowledge into proposals for new business. This will be done in different steps, starting from a business canvas, going to a project charter and finally a go-to-market phase. As part of this role you may be assigned to take the lead in getting new partnership deals in. You will do this in close communication with the local sales team but take ownership of designing the deal and getting it done.
- You have more than 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Hands-on mentality, you can make the bridge between customers and Materialise Software Engineering teams;
- Analytical mindset: You are able to provide input based on market tendencies;
- Technical curiosity: You want to understand the software portfolio that we offer and the economic impact that they have;
- You have an open communication style (in English);
- You combine a positive attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.