Qualifications & Experience
As a Java Software Engineer, you will:
- Understand and analyze new functional requirements and design solution approaches.
- Participate in agile development teams to rapidly design, develop, test, and deploy new features.
- You work together with other experts in Java, C++, additive manufacturing, and sometimes all of the above.
- You proactively work together with other software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to identify needs and solutions, to understand their requirements, and to get the most value out of your deliverables.
- You will work out of our Materialise HQ in Leuven (60% remote working possible) and collaborate on a daily basis with our Link3D colleagues in New Jersey, USA.
- You show a proven and relevant track record in backend software development and strong in Core Java fundamentals and Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- You have experience with cloud computing technologies and with developing/deploying/maintaining solutions in the cloud. (e.g. AWS)
- You have experience designing and developing integrations and interactions with other systems and applications.
- You have experience with/working knowledge of:
- Data models, databases (e.g. SQL).
- Web service programming such as REST.
- CI/CD tools and processes.
- GIT, JIRA, ….
- Testing tools (e.g. JUnit) and methodologies (e.g. TDD)
- Preferably Spring and Spring Boot
- You thrive when you are able to work in a multi-disciplinary, international team.
- You have excellent listening, coaching and presentation skills in English.
- You have an enthusiastic slam dunk getting things done attitude and you describe yourself as pragmatic and hands-on.
- Last but not least, you love taking ownership in helping Materialise and Link3D in our joint mission to help companies across different sectors (aerospace, automotive, medical, industrial, …) scale their additive manufacturing workflows, further propelling Industry 4.0.