Senior Software Project Manager
You will work in the Materialise Software business unit. This business unit develops and sells software products (standard, custom and partner products) that provide an end to end software backbone for all 3D printing activities.
In your role as Senior Project Manager, you take ownership of some of our most complex projects. After a project is presented to Management and is approved, you will manage the planning, execution and closing of the project. You are responsible for the project delivery to and acceptance by internal and/or external customers.
During the planning phase, you are responsible for creating the project plan, clarifying the project scope, budget and timing as well as outlining the project management processes (project organization, communication management, risk management…).
During the project, you will act as a leader and motivate the cross functional project team to deliver a successful project. You will monitor issues/risks and keep stakeholders up-to date accordingly.
In your role as Senior Project Manager you are the owner of the Project Management process at Materialise and you keep an overview of all ongoing software projects. You act as an internal expert in terms of project management, providing project management expertise to less experienced project managers. You work on the development and improvement of project management tools, templates and processes, including the alignment of project management processes and agile development processes.
In addition, as a People Manager, you will work with a talented and diverse group of people and support them in their personal growth tracks.
- 10+ years of project management experience, including software development projects (or with a background in software development);
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with understanding complex processes;
- You have an understanding of agile development processes;
- You are well organized, team oriented and stress resilient;
- You have excellent communication and team leadership skills;
- You are pragmatic and a real problem solver;
- You have people management experience;
- You speak English fluently. Knowledge of other languages can be an important asset;
- Affinity with 3D printing is an asset;
- Good understanding of project governance and governance in general is required;
- You are familiar with the project management framework certification (Prince2, PMI) and are used to work in an international environment.