Qualifications & Experience
As a senior category manager at Materialise, you will become part of a newly set-up Global & Center-Led procurement organization that has taken his first steps out of the greenfield zone. As part of the procurement team you will be given the opportunity to support in building a strong future proof procurement organization in the rapid changing environment of additive manufacturing.
You work on corporate level and will be accountable to manage several categories within Direct/Indirect (incl. Capex) spend on both Regional and/or Global level. You are responsible to develop the strategies for each of your appointed categories. Starting from zero to research and map both internal and external data for your categories does not scare you. You are perfectly capable to autonomously set-up internal/external meetings and find your way to investigate all relevant players in the market taking into account market history, trends, innovations, mergers & acquisitions to identify risks & opportunities for Materialise. You check for specification optimizations and reduce risks. Together with the business you identify opportunities to improve TCO and generate savings. You like working on a strategic/tactical level and are experienced in category management, SRM and contract management. As a trained negotiator you strive for the perfect balance between gaining added value and keeping in mind the economic value for Materialise.
As part of the procurement organization you are well aware of the mechanisms of supply chain management and the role of procurement in the E2E supply chain process. You get energized by working in an international environment where you can lead cross-functional projects and look for & implement continuous improvement. You enjoy working in a central role where you can work together with different departments such as legal, quality, production, R&T and logistics. You take initiative if you come across room for standardization in procurement processes on local/regional/global level. You are an ambassador for the procurement organization generating overall cost awareness, supplier engagement and you support in educating the business in procurement processes and procedures.
- Masters degree
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Strong analytical and financial skills: understand what the data is telling you to turn into insights
- Strategic mindset: able to develop long-term strategies
- Strong commercial awareness to understand needs of both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and people skills to deploy in the international cross-functional teams
- Project management experience to ensure projects are well managed, implemented and communicated in regards to scope, timeline and budget
- Pro-active mindset, solution minded
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
You will become part of a young and fun dynamic team that enjoys making an impact with sufficient room for team building and personal development. Leadership potential and future leadership responsibilities can be discussed.