Qualifications & Experience
- You develop software tools for application in a next generation of AI-based interactive segmentation tools and evaluate the performance of these tools experimentally.
- You apply a lean prototyping approach to quickly develop software prototypes that demonstrate feasibility of novel technologies and improve existing software tools and processes.
- You will further develop and support the maintenance of our Python-based software prototyping framework that is used in the research team.
- You stir your findings in reports in a clear, scientific and accurate way. You have sound verbal skills to inform every team member about your results.
- You have an MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields and are open to the idea to pursue a PhD through the IWT Baekeland program.
- You are a born problem solver with strong analytical skills and you are able to work independently with a proactive yet critical mindset.
- You are passionate about new technologies, with the foresight to see how they can support different business needs.
- An innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, allowing you to find creative solutions to complex challenges.
- You have strong coding skills (e.g., python, C++) and are able to quickly prototype.
- Prior experience with machine learning and/or deep learning for 3D medical image processing is a strong plus. Familiarity with working in the medical device field is preferred.
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbal.