You will work in the Project Office of the Materialise Central Research & Technology (CR&T) unit. This unit ensures that the core competences of Materialise in 3D printing, software and engineering are continuously extended by developing new and innovative processes, tools and software for AM applications. The objective of CR&T is to valorize its research by partnering and co-creating with the different business units (Manufacturing, Software and Medical).
As a Research Engineer in the Project Office, you will be working together with the team to ensure that Materialise maximally benefits from research projects funded by European or Flemish government. You will work with the external partners in the consortium of the project to fulfill the tasks of Materialise in the project. You are accountable for the management and delivery of the projects assigned to you. You report to the Project Office Manager and will actively work together with other Research and Development Engineers.
Your main tasks will include:
Managing your projects and following-up on planning and deadlines for key deliverables and reporting.
Execution and implementation of project tasks, including technical development (e.g. scripting).
Effectively communicating on project progress within Materialise as well as with the external services (VLAIO, SIM, European Commission and others).
Preparing project reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Contributing to internal Project Office status meetings and periodic project meetings with the external services.
Assisting in evaluating participation of Materialise in funded projects aligning with our corporate strategy.
Contributing to the writing of new project proposals.
- You are an intelligent and creative mind, allowing you to find out-of-the-box solutions for non-standard problems.
- You are flexible, a team player, able to cope with the rapidly changing environment in research and innovation.
- You proactively take the necessary steps to move your projects forward.
- You are eager to learn and are always looking to improve your skills and gain new insights and knowledge.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Science or equivalent and have an affinity with 3D applications.
- You’re confident in your communication skills and have an excellent written and oral level of English.
- You’re skilled in one or more main programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Python, Matlab) and have experience with scripting.
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of funding and grants, including its terminology, is a plus.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.