Materialise is a dynamic Belgian high-tech worldwide company, founded in 1990, with over 2,000 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
The Research Team within the Medical Business unit develops next generation pre-op planning and image processing applications that may impact our current product portfolio by evaluating emerging technologies and through lean software prototyping. As a research engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our next generation of surgical instruments for Total Shoulder and Knee Arthroplasty. You work closely with internal business partners to understand business problems and design solutions to meet their needs.
Qualifications & Experience
- You develop software tools for application in a next generation of AR-based instrumentation for Total Shoulder and Knee Arthroplasty and evaluate the performance of these tools experimentally.
- You apply a lean prototyping approach to quickly develop software prototypes that demonstrate feasibility of novel technologies and improve existing software tools and processes.
- You will further develop and support the maintenance of our software prototyping framework that is used in the research team.
- You stir your findings in reports in a clear, scientific and accurate way. You have sound verbal skills to inform every team member about your results.
- You have an MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields and are open to the idea to pursue a PhD through the IWT Baekeland program.
- Prior experience with AR and/or registration techniques for 3D models is a strong plus. Familiarity with working in the medical device field is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, allowing you to diagnose complex problems.
- You are pragmatic and flexible in your approach. You use the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
- A passion for new technologies, with the foresight to see how they can support different business needs.
- You are a team player who likes to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level.
- You have strong coding skills (e.g. python, C++) and are able to quickly prototype.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.