Purpose and Objectives
As part of Materialise Customer Focus initiative, assuring customers achieve the maximum business outcome from their Materialise investments, Materialise has created a new role entitled Customer Success Executive (CSE).
The CSE will engage proactively with customers to drive their success across the entire lifecycle of acquiring, implementing and appreciating the value from their Materialise investments. He/she will focus on helping the customer achieve their business outcomes via a harmonized experience with Materialise and will have overall responsibility for the customer’s success with all of their Materialise solutions & services.
The CSE will be called upon as a strategic advisor to use his/her discretion and expertise to ensure successful projects throughout the customer engagement lifecycle. This is a strategic position requiring an individual to possess a high degree of understanding on the capabilities with Materialise products and services while being able to communicate effectively across organizations at all levels. The CSE’s efforts will have a positive impact on Materialise business performance by assuring high value realization for the customer which in-turn will results in the customer renewing their subscription agreements, continuing their maintenance agreements and making new investments in Materialise solutions and services.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Tasks
- Work with the account team to define the overall strategy for customer success across all solution
- Participate in account planning sessions, taking a holistic view of the customer across all Materialise software solution.
- Ensure that the overall account strategy and plan are properly conceived to minimize risk and maximize customer success.
- Identify adoption, customer satisfaction and related issues on an account that may derail other opportunities; develop plans to mitigate these risks.
- Inform and guide internal stakeholders on how and where to most effectively and appropriately engage with the customer.
- Engage with account teams during roadmapping and deal structuring, helping to identify and mitigate risks associated with deployment/adoption/achievement of desired results
- Position Customer First and Materialise customer success capabilities to customers to address any concerns about their ability to realize the business outcomes they are looking for
- Engage with customers stakeholders who make use of Materialise solutions and services
- Engage with and orchestrate enterprise-level success-related activities across the account team, Application and support engineers, Market management teams, engineering, support, services, other Materialise organizations as needed;
- Drive success for a portfolio of customers, across the entire solution footprint, , executing the CSE engagement process:
- Position the CSE role and process with the customer
- Conduct KAM Relationship Assessment(s) as needed
- Define the Outcome Success Plan with the customer, based on the results of the KAM Relationship assessments and the potential analysis , clearly articulating the path forward to achieve success as defined in clear, translated in a ROA plan
- Execute the Outcome Success Plan, in conjunction with the customer and other aforementioned organization
- Establish and execute on-going governance process, including the measurement of results and tracking of progress relative to plans
- Act as a point of escalation when needed
- As required, work with De-Escalation management with internal teams, partners and customers
- Provide visibility across the entire relationship with the customer
- Participate in Community of Practice providing feedback on best practices and lessons learned and contributing to the continued evolution of the CSE process
- As trusted advisor, recommend appropriate solutions and services to the customer based on their business needs; connect customer with appropriate sales roles to execute on the opportunity
- Help identify and document customer success stories
- Bring intelligence on Materialise products back to development
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in Sales / Consulting / Customer Success, including software-related experience
- Broad customer business perspective, knowledge of end to end process
- Consultative engagement experience and skills
- Strong customer focus and empathy for customer situations
- Ability to manage through customer crises
- Experience in using customer success tools in support of risk/opportunity analysis and execution
- Ability to leverage an extensive network on behalf of the customer to address issues and drive desired business outcomes
- Ability to build a strong network and understanding of the Materialise organization
- Program/project management experience, including complex efforts with multiple stakeholders, interconnected workstreams and organizations in multiple reporting lines
- Ability to effectively engage with teams that may have a high level of geographic, cultural and other diversity
- Ability to work with individuals from the executive to the working level
- Action bias, with ability to translate customer needs and challenges into concrete action plans and rapidly execute them
- Sales awareness and ability to identify new opportunities for Materialise
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, up to the executive level
- Comfortable delivering complex and sensitive messages to customer executives in a tactful manner
- Experience in developing deployment / outcome success plans
- Fluency in English; Fluency in the language(s) of local market(s)
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.