Qualifications & Experience
- As a project manager, you are accountable for project delivery (time, cost, scope, quality) towards the project sponsor.
- After project authorization, you are responsible to define and clarify the project scope with all involved stakeholders (product management, development, customer…) and develop a project schedule. You map the impact and scope of the project in terms of time, quality and cost and define the resource planning with the resources managers.
- You draw up a detailed project plan, including timings and milestones, required resources, dependencies, …
- You ensure that the required information is available for the steering committee for a go/no-go decision for further project execution.
- To make sure a project is progressing as planned, you constantly track project progress and compare it to the baselines. You assure reviews and revisions are made when needed, decisions get taken and issues and bottlenecks resolved. While things change along the way, you have to adjust plans to accommodate these changes within the project management constraints (cost, time, scope and quality).
- You prepare regular progress reporting and meetings with the project stakeholders (product management, sales, development…) and sponsors. You assure stakeholders are informed about the overall status and possible issues so that expectations can be managed.
- You perform risk management to minimize project risks and escalate issues according to the escalation process as needed.
- You act as an internal expert in terms of project management, providing project management expertise to projects not managed by a dedicated project manager. You also create an environment which highly motivates the team to work together.
- You work on the development and improvement of project management tools, templates and processes. You also create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- You assure to keep your professional knowledge up to date, both in terms of project management as on an overall technological level.
- You have a solid experience in project management of complex projects.
- You possess strong project management skills (scope, time, budget, quality).
- Your analytical and organizational skills are the cornerstones of your approach.
- You have a pragmatic mindset and are able to use principles and frameworks to the advantage of the project.
- You know the do’s and don’ts when it comes to stakeholder management, communication flows and reporting on project progression.
- You communicate fluently in English.
- Ideally, you have a certification in PMI, Prince 2 or other.