Do you want to work in an innovative environment? Are you passionate about the medical field? Are you analytical, well-organized and communicative? Then you could be the one we are looking for as an Application Engineer for our Mimics Innovation Suite!
The Mimics innovation suite is the world leading tool for biomedical engineers to perform engineering on anatomy. The Mimics innovation suite assists researchers to translate medical images into 3D models. These 3D models are used to characterize anatomy, research new medical devices and delivery methods.
As an Application Engineer, you are the software product expert who serves as the link between the market and the product development team. You translate business needs into functional and technical requirements, therefore you gain deep insight into the user workflow and his current pains. You assist the product manager in the analysis of business viability of possible features. You prepare documentation for the software development teams about these features, to assure a clear understanding on what should be implemented in the next software product. You are also responsible for the beta validation of the products and support the marketing and sales roll-out.
Qualifications & Experience
- Business analysis: You are responsible for analyzing and documenting customer and market needs and identifying business advantages of solving those needs which can be used to support the product manager in the decision making process (business cases). You seek input on market needs through discussions with the product manager, end-users and other key stakeholders. You are responsible for analyzing and defining user requirements to ensure all stakeholders have a clear view on the problem or need to be answered.
- Functional analysis: You are responsible for documenting functional specifications ensuring the development team has a detailed understanding of expected deliverables. Together with the product manager you discuss these specification with the development team. The voice of the customer is key in this process.
- Product owner role (cfr. scrum terminology): Under the supervision of the Product Manager, you are the first point of contact for the development team. You provide the development team with priorities on functional requirements level. You ensure a smooth execution of projects can be guaranteed.
- Internal roll-out and training of new software: You are responsible to make sure our internal users are informed about new releases and make the upgrade. Also update trainings should be provided.
- Go-to-market support: You assist in the preparation of sales kits and communicating the advantages and key selling points to our sales channels. You are responsible for documenting new changes in “what’s new” presentations for software users and customers. You provide assistance in the creation of marketing cases and videos as the technical expert.
- Support: You are responsible for giving support to customers when they have technical questions about the software. You are usually involved in third-line support and are backup for second line support.
- Medical Device Compliance: you are willing to work within strict company operating procedures and processes, as imposed by regulators such as FDA and CE.
- You have a Master degree in biomedical engineering, product design, computer science or similar
- You have affinity with biomedical engineering and software development;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You are well organized, detail-oriented, and communicative;
- You are able to map and analyze competitor products
- You are willing to travel occasionally;
- You have very good communication skills in English;
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.