You will work in the Software Segment, on our Materialise Build Processor technology. 3D printers are complex machines that require machine parameter knowledge to get the desired result. The Materialise Build Processor is the technology that takes care of communication between software and 3D printing machines, reducing the complexity for end-users. You can find more information on this technology .
As the Product Application Engineer you serve as the link between the end users and the product development team, through defining and designing the product solutions, functionalities and look and feel. You are responsible for translating market needs into requirements for software development, ensuring that the development team has a detailed understanding of expected deliverables. You also set the priorities for development and you are the first point of contact for the development team.
Furthermore, you assist the product manager in the analysis of business viability of possible features or developments (through business cases), determine their priority with respect to other opportunities and develop the product roadmap, which you present regularly to all relevant stakeholders. You prepare documentation for the software development teams on these features, to assure a clear understanding on what should be implemented in the next software product. Additionally, you’re responsible for the beta validation of the products and the support for marketing and sales roll-out, and communicating the advantages and key selling points to our market team.
Gradually, you will become an expert in the software and in understanding customer workflows. With this expertise, you will be able to provide high level demonstration of the software, give in depth technical training to & share best practices with internal and external users of the software, as well as assist customers with technical questions (second line support). Read more about the job here.
- You have a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Advance Manufacturing, Computer Science, or a related field
- You ideally have experience as a Product Owner or as a Product Application Engineer;
- You are able to map and analyze competitor products;
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with understanding complex processes;
- You are analytical, process-driven, well organized, and communicative;
- You are able and willing to take initiative and work autonomously;
- You are willing to travel occasionally;
- You have very good communication skills in English;
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.