The goal of a PMO Manager is ultimately to drive forward high strategic priority projects and to ensure that Materialise standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s development and execution.
The PMO manager is responsible for coaching the work of all project management office personnel, and thus must take ownership of the resulting quality of each project. The PMO Manager is collaborating with the BU & Department Directors and is reporting to the CEO.
Qualifications & Experience
- Create the company project radar
You make an inventory of all internal projects, support project managers within the business units or monitors each project to provide a regular update to the Executive Committee.
- Project Planning of cross company strategic projects
Before the start of a project, you prioritize tasks, set deadlines and assign staff to various deliverables so that each project can hit the ground running with minimal wasted time and resources.
You ensure that all processes related to a project’s completion are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner while simultaneously upholding a given set of standards.
- Introduce and apply a common methodology
You introduce best practices or new approaches and improve existing processes while continually re-evaluating whether each project is meeting the applicable standards. You engage in problem-solving with other Managers and employees
- Analyse Financial Information
A significant portion of the role is dedicated towards the analysis of financial data as it pertains to each project in their control. This includes the proper distribution and allocation of resources, the implementation of budgets and the quantification of monetary risk and impact.
This means that you will frequently need to provide budget outlines and financial reports.
- You have a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent.
- You are able to focus on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture.
- You show great leadership skills, strategic thinking and financial acumen
- High level project and change management next to problem solving skills are indispensable.
- You have a high degree of affinity with new technologies and ways of working (i.e. millennials) and understand the impact they might have on the projects, in order to make key decisions and ensure the value the project delivers will still be relevant at project close.
- You work well under pressure, have great interpersonal skills and can juggle several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.