Responsibilities & Profile
• Market strategy: You are responsible for determining the mid-term strategy for your market encapsulating the necessary products and components. You study the market, define the focuss, the market position, the price, the packaging and the value proposal. You define must-have items, pushing market trends into the product portfolio. You seek input from marketing, sales, key customers and engineering to create your market strategy. You incorporate regional differences in your market strategy (in collaboration with the international sales managers).
• Tiering and subsegmenting: you further divide your market in submarkets, implement a tiering or key opinion leader program. You also monitor the commercial positioning of your competitors in your market and submarkets. You monitor P/L in your subsegments and try to deduct market share vs competition.
• Go to market: You own the commercial launch plan including the messaging and conference plan (the latter done together with marketing). You support sales in key opinion leader visits and conferences. You prepare the internal product launch plan and make sure that sales kits and sales materials are available including value statements, EULA’s, SLA’s, T&C’s etc. For sales kits and GTM you can be supported by surrounding solution architects.
• Exception management: You are involved when it comes down to custom requests on our product portfolio. You give input on whether they make sense and which strategy you want to take for these custom projects (embed them in the standard products, keep it as a custom product, …). You are part of the steerco giving approval to these projects.
• Partnership opportunities: You spot partnership opportunities and set in motion activities to create an alliance to bring a better portfolio solution to the market.
• You have a P/L responsibility for the particular subsegment – however the drive of the organization remains to have the highest impact with all market managers together instead of individual success.
• 5+ years commercial experience – preferably in a similar role
• Strong networking skills
• Feels at home in a growing company and a growing industry.
• Strategic thinker.
• Hands on manager with good communication skills to a variety of persona (sales, marketing, engineering).
• Willing to gain an in-depth understanding of the additive manufacturing market and our product-portfolio. A basic technical understanding of AM will be required or need to be build up.
• Experience in Software or the Printing industry is a strong plus.