Qualifications & Experience
A market innovation manager focusses on creating new markets for our technology and follows hereby a stage gated approach. You understand the market and our technology and find new applications of our technology enabling further growth of the company.
- You work together with the market managers and market director to create a long term sustainable strategy for our additive manufacturing software solutions with a specific focus on examining unmet markets or submarket demands.
- You pursue the fulfillment of business needs which typically encompasses the creative study of possibilities. You investigate different tracks including partnerships, merger and acquisitions or combine different product components to come to an overall idea of the potential business solution. A business case mapping costs and market potential is something you typically do.
- You proceed in creating proof of concept products and minimal viable products, and run test trials in the market, testing product/market match and price match.
- You are responsible for co-crafting the price, position and value statement of the final solution.
- When successful, your program will be embedded in a suite release to bring your solution to the eventual market. You push this solution to sales when it is time to be adopted.
- The size of an innovation track can vary and hence you may combine a number of market innovation tracks which are typically in different stages of the innovation funnel.
- Budget Responsibility through project requests to the management
- Strong entrepreneurial skills willing to set up a new complimentary activity
- Good networking skills
- You are able to discuss market needs with a variety of people ranging from CEO’s to actual software users
- You are able to discuss these needs with e.g. engineering
- You want to understand the market and provide future growth to the company
- You feel comfortable with digging into vague market needs and splitting them up into smaller manageable programs.
- Technical know-how is often a big asset to connect market needs to engineering
- Travel: Travelling will be part of the function, you need to be in contact with people testing solutions and feeling the needs of the market. This will be typically around 25% depending on the person.
- You want to help make the world a healthier and better place