Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 1,800 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
Materialise is looking for an experienced IT Project Manager who will work on projects focusing on implementing (new) software solutions in support of business process within the company.
Qualifications & Experience
The IT Project Manager is the counter part of the Business Project Manager for projects focusing on implementing (new) software solutions in support of business processes within the company.
He/she is responsible for the management of the project scope, planning, activities, validation, budget and stakeholder management at IT side. The IT Project Manager is a natural communicator and leader and facilitate dialogue between business teams, IT team and external IT partner(s). This enables him/her to provide adequate project context to deliver reliable business and IT solutions, and to ensure that activities, deliverables and decisions are aligned between stakeholders.
The IT project manager works closely with the Enterprise, Application and Integration Architects on the one hand and with the people responsible for Business Applications Services Manager, Business Applications Development Manager, Infrastructure and Global Service Desk Manager.
- Lead projects end to end from an IT viewpoint, with team members from the IT team (business analysts, architects, infrastructure & security engineers) and from the external IT partner of the solution, in close coordination with the business project manager and its business project resources (process owners, business core team members, key-users of the solution, subject matter experts)
- The Projects will be mainly “business driven projects” (in support of business processes) but might also be IT driven projects (upgrade, migration), all of these projects are part of the IT Roadmap
- Ensure project management plan with the IT project team, with the business project manager and with the project sponsor, to outline project scope, high level architecture, resources needs (internal and external), planning, internal man days and external budget
- Ensure project organization around IT tracks within the project, IT roles and responsibilities, IT key deliverables, IT work packages and associated activities. Ensure a strong set-up of the project accordingly to the project organization
- Ensure reviews and decisions taking process on well-defined deliverables and milestones, inside the project team
- Ensure continuous management of the different work streams and associated activities with the project team and motivate project team members towards qualitative and committed design and solution delivery
- Ensure continuous management of issues and risks and act accordingly on these ones inside the organization at various level (from project team level to executive level)
- Ensure successful project delivery within deadlines, scope, budget and required quality with respect to the project management plan
- Ensure the preparation of the “Go To Maintenance” early enough in the project lifecycle to ensure a proper transition from post go-live phase (“hyper care”) to service activities in the application services & development team
- Ensure continuous up to date knowledge around project management in general, project management in more agile contexts and software development lifecycle
- Understand, advocate and support IT, architecture and applicative solution strategy and related policies and standards inside the IS department and towards the business community as well
- Lead in the development and maintenance of IT project management policies and standards and advocate on this inside IT and towards the business community as well
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Good written skills, excellent communication skills (content and layout wise and as “body”)
- Experience in project management based on known frameworks, methods and tools
- Experience in project management is required and should cover business driven and transformation based projects aiming at implementing (new) software solutions inside the organization
- Experience in project management should cover one of the following typical software solutions being ERP, CRM, Field Service, PLM, Finance, Human Resources. The combination of customer driven solution like CRM or Field Service with ERP is a plus
- Experience in project management including internal resources (business analyst, architects, development) and external IT partners is required
- Extensive experience in implementing cloud platforms (Salesforce, SAP, Microsoft or others) is a real advantage
- Experience in software development and implementation as business analyst or solution designer, prior to being a professional project manager, is required for a good mastering of the software development lifecycle inside the project delivery
- Experience in integrating different solution platforms is required
- Good understanding of project governance and governance in general is required, and especially the “triangle” enterprise architecture – project implementation – service delivery
- Pluses in the selection are the knowledge of some of the following domains and an international experience :
- Project management framework certification (Prince2, PMI)
- Object oriented application development
- Development methods (waterfall, agile)
- Service management framework (ITIL)
- Configuration and code versioning
- Release management
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.