Responsibilities & Requirements
- Deal with all intellectual property matters and issues, including patent portfolio and trade secrets management, product development support, and avoiding adverse impact of third party intellectual property for our software and manufacturing business units;
- Responsibility for preparing patent prosecution processes and documents ;
- Liaise between multiple teams (R&D; product management; sales; legal) to ensure alignment between patent
- Deal with enforcement efforts, including reviewing all reported instances of patent infringements, directing the preparation of C&D letters, and coordinating litigation with outside counsel;
- Perform patent and trademark searches and provide IP clearance for product designsand marketing materials;
- Work with outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of domestic and International patent applications;
- Monitor the patent-filing activity of key competitors and provides guidance/feedback to the Company’s business units regarding patents/applications of-interest.
- Develop new and review existing written IP policies and standard operating procedure
- Employee training
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree;
- Professional experience working either in a patent firm or R&D department with substantial practical full time experience writing and prosecuting patent applications and providing counseling in intellectual property matters;
- Experience with IP valorization (e.g. through licensing, intellectual property and commercial agreements)
- This individual will possess strong verbal & written communication, collaboration and team work.