Total knee arthroplasty (TKA) is a very common surgical procedure with high long-term reliability. However, up to a fifth of primary implant patients remains unsatisfied.
In Materialise, we work on solutions to support the surgeons in their decision-making and therefore, improve the satisfaction of our patients.
In this regard, we are looking for an intern eager to help us in the automation and optimization of a process to evaluate patient outcome. You will work closely with researchers driving highly innovative projects and you will contribute to a large research work.
Your main task will be the development and optimization of an algorithm to generate patient-specific musculoskeletal models of the knee.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering education (mechanics, biomedical, computer science) or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of Python is a must, as well as a great interest in biomechanics;
- You’re looking for a curricular internship, and you can start in March or April 2019 with a minimum duration of 3 months.
- You have an analytical & detail-oriented mindset;
- You’re enthusiastic and have excellent English communication skills;
- Above all, you share our passion to innovate for a better & healthier world!
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.