Qualifications & Experience
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to sox-compliance, risk assessment, annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Meet regularly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to SOX and internal control best practices, and risk management
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Update/develop process documentation to support management’s SOX assessment and audit compliance;
- Lead scoping efforts for management’s SOX assessment and create a report on the final assessment of internal controls over financial reporting for the fiscal year-end for management’s review;
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
- Manage a small team of audit professionals.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Oversee Internal Audit’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit’s perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit’s work.
- Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related fields.
- 8 or more years’ experience in auditing or accounting; 3 years in a Management role
- Knowledge of SOx and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures, regulations and law
- Planning and Time Management
- Effective Communication, both in writing and presenting, and Human Relations skills
- Critical Thinking and Analysis
- Tenacity and Ethics
- Technology Proficient