The Innovation Consultancy & Co-Creation Team is responsible for assisting and accelerating partner companies from different industries to identify and develop new 3D printed applications which add value to the product-portfolios, operations or processes of these customers. To achieve its goals and contribute to the strategic growth of Materialise, the team collaborates closely with the client specialists and a group of AM experts, and has full access to the technology backbone available at Materialise.
- As an Innovation manager, you take on an entrepreneurial role where you
- Contribute to the strategic growth of Materialise
- Work at the cross-section of high tech manufacturing, creative design, and business
- Manage a portfolio of challenging innovation projects within different industries
- Work with small and large enterprises from all over the world (Europe, Asia, US)
- Get a high degree of autonomy in your daily work and are part of a highly dynamic team
Qualifications & Experience
- You Screen & qualify incoming project requests on economic & technical feasibility and strategic fit with Materialise;
- You work closely with our AM experts to create tailored consulting proposals in line with client needs and expectations
- You participate in contract & partnership negotiations;
- You perform desk & field research and are able to quickly translate your findings in clear strategic recommendations (e.g. Industry value chains, Ecosystem Stakeholders, Partner Due diligence, Value propositions).
- You are responsible for organizing, planning and actively participating in co-creation sessions, in which you bring the client together with our internal experts, and apply the design thinking methodology in order to identify desirable, feasible and viable applications of 3D printing.
- You work with our patent attorneys to protect IP that is generated during the co-creation process.
As the central project manager:
- You are responsible for executing the innovation roadmap for various applications, where you collaborate closely with our internal cross-functional teams and the customer to achieve agreed work packages on time and within budget;
- You ensure stakeholder alignment at all levels of the organization and you act as main point of contact for the client relationships you build throughout the projects ;
- You contribute to creating business cases and strategic partnership proposals which are presented to the Management of Materialise;
- You contribute to the professionalization of our services and the internal team operations;
- You contribute to Materialise thought leadership by participating in external events and meetings where you spread the Materialise vision and defend our position in the AM Advisory Market.
- Study Background: Product Developer, Engineer/scientist with commercial mind-set, or technology-minded business profile;
- You have 3-8 years of working experience in a fast-paced environment. Preferably Management Consultancy, (Corporate) start-up, Innovation background;
- Functional expertise:
- Experience in steering and managing cross functional projects
- Experience with Design thinking & Innovation management methodologies
- You are passionately curious & a fast learner;
- You are entrepreneurial in getting things done;
- You have a customer-centric & strategic mindset;
- You have strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- You are a strong and effective communicator;
- You are creative - Willing and able to think out of the box;
- You are comfortable to take the stage and lead work sessions with customers and networks easily.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.