The Global Service Desk Manager oversees and manages the overall operations of the global Service Desk to ensure that the Service Desk is fulfilling its business objectives. The Service Desk team is globally active. There is a team directly reporting to the Global Service Desk Manager active in Belgium and different functionally reporting lines from our MTLS offices.
Reports into the IT Operations Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Manage the performance of Level 1 services & support to internal clients and ensure that service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring the staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements.
- Oversee 100% of the incidents, problems and requests.
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal customers.
- Provide data and reporting of KPI’s and trends to IT department and others in regular updates.
- Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT.
- Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance.
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Engineers including career development.
- Attend Change Advisory Board meetings.
- Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution, manage customer perceptions and build strong internal relationships.
- Collaborate with IT management to develop, enforce and document standards and procedures.
- Functional Manager of the global Service Desk team.
- People Manager for the Service Desk staff members in Belgium.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional qualification or experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience in an IT enterprise support role (infrastructure, applications, project management …)
- Knowledge/understanding of ITIL or equivalent Management/leadership skills with a high level of emotional intelligence
- Strong English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Aptitude to learn new tools and methodologies
- Desire to improve things and getting them done
- Solid understanding of business processes
- Experience in a SOX subjected environment is a plus.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.