At Materialise HQ we are currently looking for three Researchers to join our research team on Data Mining, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence.
The three positions will work together and in the existing team, each taking a different perspective. Depending on your background and interests responsibilities will be shared within the team.
! These positions can also be considered within a Baekeland or innovation mandate.
In these three functions you will:
- Research, prototype, implement, and improve Machine Learning solutions, mostly for challenges related to 3D printing.
- Be responsible for multidisciplinary R&D in improving 3D printing / additive manufacturing AM processes with data-driven approaches (machine learning, combinations of data-driven and model-driven approaches, simulation etc.)
- Be responsible for data modeling, data management and data mining for the Materialise data-driven solutions, mainly focused on 3D printing and related to machine learning for 3D printing.
- Work together with experts in machine learning, Python/C++ software engineering, additive manufacturing, image processing.
- Proactively collaborate with process engineers, product managers, business developers, and other stakeholders to identify needs and solutions, to understand their requirements and to get the most value out of your deliverables Set up the necessary data warehouses and data lakes and the cloud and/or edge computing infrastructure. Look for solutions to combine existing data sources, both at and outside of Materialise. Look for data management solutions and solutions such as federated learning to enable learning from data from different owners (Data scientist).
- Analyze problems, clarify requirements, review literature, prototype, implement, validate, document and support integration of your solutions onto the 3D printers.
- Stay on top of relevant academic and industrial breakthroughs, and proactively look for opportunities to apply AI in our domains.
- Work together in funded projects on these topics together with Flemish and international partners, both from industry as research centers.
Who you are:
- A passionate researcher and analytical thinker (with knowledge in machine learning, data modelling, data management and data science) with hands-on experience in Machine Learning on real-world challenges and eager to improve 3D printing production processes.
- An innovator you can count on in the rapidly changing ecosystems of 3D printing and machine learning.
- An intelligent and creative mind, allowing you to find out-of-the-box solutions for non-standard problems.
- A researcher who is transparent about his/her work, discusses problems and solution methods with colleagues in all stages of the research, constructively gives feedback and willingly receives feedback and considers suggestions from colleagues.
- You can constructively interact with other human beings, both in person and via electronic media, and present abstract ideas clearly and concisely to technical experts, end users, managers.
- You proactively take the necessary steps to move your projects forward.
- You can engage people, make them enthusiastic about improvements.
- You can clearly present ideas and decision cases to colleagues in research, to process engineers, to managers.
- You are eager to learn and are always looking to improve your skills and gain new insights and knowledge. You also like to keep track of new AI developments, which you are able to triage and present to your colleagues.
- You hold a Master in computer science or another degree Master in Science, either with professional experience in data science/machine learning or you are freshly graduated with a master’s or PhD thesis in data science/machine learning.
- Unbridled enthusiasm about data science and machine learning.
- Knowledge of broader data science / machine learning / AI concepts, and when to apply them.
- Experience in data management in Industry is a plus.
- Experience with data lakes, data and machine learning services in the cloud, big data is a plus.
- Experience with edge and cloud computing is a plus.
- You hold a Master in Engineering Sciences preferably with either a PhD or experience in industry with at least one of the fields, and affinity or passion for the other: 3D printing and machine learning.
- Unbridled enthusiasm about improving production processes and machine learning.
- Experience with managing funded research projects (in Industry) is a plus.
- Experience in research for improving 3D print processes is a plus.
- Experience in simulation or surrogate modeling is a plus.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Theoretical and hands-on experience in data science and machine learning, using e.g. Tensorflow, Python.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.