Materialise is a dynamic international high-tech company, founded in 1990 and headquartered in Belgium, with over 1,800 employees worldwide. Materialise’s mission is to innovate for a better and healthier world through its software and hardware infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D Printing). Our customers are in diverse industries, such as automotive, aerospace, medical, research and academia.
As a growing company, Materialise is always looking for enthusiastic professionals who want to work in an environment full of revolutionary technology and surrounded by people passionate about their work.
Are you looking for a challenging role in a growing company? Would you like to be responsible for corporate project management? Do you love to work with different internal and external stakeholders? Are you eager to take up responsibility and to help Materialise’s business grow? Then it’s you we are looking for to complete our team as a Corporate Business Development Project Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
Under direct supervision of Corporate Directors, you are responsible for the project delivery to and acceptance by internal and/or external partners of projects covering different business units. After having set up a convincing business case in collaboration with the International Business Developers and Corporate Business Development Financial Analyst and after obtaining internal approvals, you will manage the planning, execution and closing of corporate projects on time and within budget, scope and resources.
- You develop project scopes and objectives by involving all relevant stakeholders and by ensuring technical feasibility;
- You are actively involved in the quoting phase, converting it into an acceptable proposal for all parties and supported by other departments (legal, finance);
- You develop a detailed project plan in discussion with internal stakeholders to ensure feasibility and to set-up achievable timelines;
- You delegate subprojects to dedicated cross-functional teams and act as a Program Manager for the follow-up of these projects;
- You outline the project management process (project organization, communication management, risk management, …);
- You take decisions to assure proper progress within the project plan boundaries. You propose alternative solutions to the Committee of Directors or sponsors to decide upon when issues exceed project plan boundaries;
- You coordinate internal resources and third parties for the availability, allocation and execution of projects;
- You track progress and measure project performance with the right systems, tools and KPIs;
- You ensure all projects are delivered on time within scope and budget;
- You perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- You report and escalate to the Committee of Directors as needed;
- You manage the relationship with the client and other stakeholders involved;
- You ensure a comprehensive project documentation.
- You have a solid technical background, based on education or experience, and a hands-on experience in a similar setting;
- You have 5+ years of project management experience, preferably in a high tech industry;
- You combine an interest in innovative technologies and 3D design with understanding complex processes;
- You are well organized and have multi-tasking skills;
- You pay attention to details;
- You have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project Management tools;
- You are team oriented and can work on different levels;
- You are stress resistant;
- You perfectly know how to involve different internal and external stakeholders;
- You have outstanding communication skills and have a client-facing attitude;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of any other language is an important asset;
- You are willing to travel regularly.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.