Materialise Eyewear opens up a world of design freedom with multiple possibilities in shapes, styles, functionality and customization! A world where fast fashion meets on demand manufacturing!
To further boost the growth of this ground-breaking market, we are looking for a Business Line Director to take the responsibilities for the profit/loss of the branch, services and products in order to guarantee the realization of strategy and strategy execution.
The Business Line Director Eyewear reports into the VP of the Manufacturing Business Unit.
Qualifications & Experience
- Implement the strategy and business plan of the Eyewear Business Line in order to ensure that the strategic long-term goals are achieved.
- Give direction to the Business Line and follow-up duration, costs and means of the activities, in order to realize the objectives set up by the organization.
- Coach and work on the development of your team to ensure their competencies, skills and know-how are used and developed to the best advantage and to work as a well-functioning entity.
- Identify growth opportunities based on market analysis and close contact with the end-customer and deliver marketing strategies to turn opportunities into executable growth plans.
- Position Materialise products and services to new prospects and existing customers and refine value proposition of the products and added-value services to drive new offerings, market share and penetration and segmentation.
- Stay well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to the products and services, keep your knowledge up-to-date within the context of the evolutions in order to strengthen the value proposition canvas.
- Actively participate when prospecting for new strategic customers and initiate and maintain frequent and in-depth contacts with strategic customers to ensure that an effective network is built up for the organization.
- Formulate and develop the sales strategy and translate it into clearly defined objectives to ensure that the sales targets are met.
- Manage the budget of the Eyewear business line in order to organize the different activities and to guarantee results within the financial plan.
- Develop reporting tools for management to ensure that a smooth communication and information stream can be guaranteed.
- You have experience in running an own product/business lineand enjoyed a successful career in an industrial, high-tech or similar industry.
- You hold a background or relevant experience in sales and marketing.
- You have a passion for the eyewear industry and experience or an existing network in it.
- You show distinctively strategic thinking and acting.
- You use quantitative and qualitative targets to stay focused on the strategy execution and objective achievement.
- You have proven excellent people management skills
- Your interpersonal skills are key for long-term relationships with different stakeholders.
- Your outstanding business understanding allows you to see and to create new opportunities and translate them toward the specific business requirements.
- You are pro-active, have an entrepreneurial spirit and show perseverance.
- You have strong communication skills in English.
Materialise offers you
People are the cornerstone of Materialise and we treasure the talent, skills, and values of our employees very highly. We believe that maintaining the right environment and culture for employees is crucial for an organization’s success.
Therefore, we are devoted to building a global team of specialists in an open environment that favors personal growth. Programs have been put in place to keep our fair, direct company culture alive. Moreover, we proudly invest in personal development and offer challenging careers where employees are empowered to grow professionally as well as personally.
You will liaise with different people throughout the organization on a daily basis and we guarantee that no day will be the same. Your effort and energy will be rewarded with a competitive salary and with extralegal advantages. In order to have a good work-life balance, we offer you flexible working hours.
We offer an inspiring and challenging job with growth potential in an innovative market. You will be part of a dedicated team within a dynamic company that highly values openness, trust and team spirit.