Acknowledging excellence in Engineering on Anatomy
Since 2005, Materialise supports researchers and their cutting-edge work through the Mimics Innovation Awards. With this competition, we recognize some of the industry’s most recent and important achievements. Materialise is committed to making the world a better and healthier place through Engineering on Anatomy. We are proud that leading researchers use Materialise Mimics software to achieve the same goal.
An independent, international jury of experts thoroughly evaluates each submission and selects the most innovative cases based on the following criteria:
- originality of work
- social impact
- role of the Materialise Mimics software
Winners will receive a monetary prize to further their research, regardless of the discipline. Researchers within universities, hospitals, medical device companies and research centers who use Materialise Mimics software are encouraged to submit their paper.
5 reasons to participate in the Mimics Innovation Awards
- Get recognized for your innovative research
- Receive award money to further your research
- Present your work at Materialise events
- Get visibility through the Materialise channels
- Become part of a community of innovators
There are three categories for the Mimics Innovation Awards:
1. People’s Choice Award
With the People’s Choice Award, Materialise customers and peers within the network of the Mimics Innovation Awards participants can vote for their favorite submission. If you’d like to participate in this category, be sure to upload a short video! The winner will receive 1000 EUR.
You can upload your 1 minute video via the submission form. Here are some questions that you can answer in your video:
- Introduce yourself and your institution.
- Describe your work and how the Materialise Mimics software contributed to your research.
- Why should people vote for you?
2. Regional Awards
Materialise awards a first and a second prize in each of three regions:
- North & South America
- Europe, Middle East, Africa
Your submission will fall under one of the three regions based on your current address. First prize winners receive 3500 EUR and second prize winners 1500 EUR.
3. Global Award
A Global Winner will be selected from the regional first prize winners. This exceptional candidate will receive an additional 1500 EUR making their total award 5000 EUR.
- You can submit your research in the form of a published or unpublished article.
- Submission page limit is 10 pages.
- Submissions must be in English and should at least include the following sections: abstract, methods, results, conclusions.
- All applicants should have used Materialise Mimics software (Mimics, 3-matic, PROPLAN CMF, Mimics inPrint) for their research.
- Submissions from all disciplines are encouraged. Typical research areas include but are not limited to: medicine, biomedical engineering, cardiovascular, veterinary medicine, archaeology, pulmonology, biology, palaeontology, material sciences, orthopedics, cranio-maxillofacial, biomechanics, forensics and more.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us!
"THIS AWARD OFFERS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SHOWCASE YOUR WORK. IT’S ALSO IMPORTANT THAT PEOPLE DEMONSTRATE THE MANY APPLICATION AREAS OF THE MIMICS INNOVATION SUITE TO CONTINUOUSLY PUSH FORWARD ITS CAPABILITIES."
Dr. Heather Doyle completed her PhD in Biomedical Engineering from the National University of Ireland, Galway (Ireland) in 2014. Her doctoral research focused on multiscale modeling of 3D-printed orthopedic scaffold materials and computational modeling to evaluate the mechanical stability of critical-sized tibial defects with implanted scaffolds.