For the first time ever, Materialise is launching a series of conferences designed to travel across Asia Pacific and promote Additive Manufacturing (AM) in the area. The objective is to bring together key people and industries associated with 3D Printing in Asia so that we can explore various opportunities this region offers.
The first conference held in Malaysia, on June, 15 and 16 has come to a close and we would like to say thank you to those of you who have joined us. Over 100 experts from around APAC attended the event, which was a true success.
Why? It encompassed a myriad of great experiences: from the first-ever fashion show of 3D printed designs in Asia (in collaboration with award-winning Asian designer Melinda Looi) to a number of interesting talks on the latest use of 3D Printing technology in the medical and industrial field.
For those of you who would like to revisit the experience, speaker presentations, a making-of video of the fashion show and the press release can be found under the Malaysia Conference page.
The second conference will be held in Tokyo, Japan (which will also include Korea & Taiwan). The final conference will be held in India. The dates of the conferences are as follows:
- Japan: September 3-4, 2013
- India: January 2014
Each Conference will consist of four major elements:
- A BioMedical Summit - Global participants from industry, academia and government will converge to network and share biomedical success stories.
- Industrial Conferences - Listen to exciting case stories and converse with experts from Materialise and around the world. Learn from your peers and discover how industry leaders are using Materialise solutions to revolutionize their AM facilities.
- 3D Design Contest – Organized before the conference to help spread awareness of the technology, this contest gave creative minds an opportunity to try their hand at it. Discover the winning pieces during the event.
- An Innovative Project to Re-instate the Strength of 3D Printing Technology – For the Malaysian event, we partnered with internationally-acclaimed fashion designer Melinda Looi to put on a fantastic fashion show.
Each conference is designed to attract Key Business Potentials, Media houses and spread general awareness of 3D Printing.