Benefit from an Entire Platform
Materialise Streamics is a modular and configurable software system. Thanks to the full integration of Materialise Streamics with Materialise Magics, the Materialise Build Processor and Materialise Robot, you can work with the most complete system to manage your 3D printing operations.
Depending on the workflow in your operations, specific functionalities and automation tools will be most relevant to you. This overview displays the main functionalities available today.
Included by default:
Available through optional plug-ins:
Central Data Storage
- Securely manage the processes and communication involved in transforming a digital part into a printed part, such as quotations, orders, parts, platforms, builds, machines and subcontracts.
- Manage individual parts of your backlog, such as quantities, due dates, technology, part revisions and job status.
- Efficiently manage your workflow to select parts and platforms, prepare them, and schedule them on the available machines using the interactive machine planning view.
- Manage the operation of the machines: the job file, machine status, build quality and powder batch.
- Manage the workflows required to check the part quality and to finish the part according to its specifications, such as support removal, sanding, inspection, painting and more.
- Thanks to the links between different data sets, it is easy and straightforward to make changes even late in the production cycle - unless specific procedures require that certain data cannot be modified anymore, as is the case in validated environments.
Platform Preparation and Scheduling
Through a two-way integration with Materialise Magics, all data preparation functionalities of this software are available to users of Materialise Streamics; for instance buildability analysis, advanced editing, (automatic) orienting and (automatic) part support for different 3D printing technologies. You can save platforms created in Materialise Magics in Streamics and assign them to the available machine capacity using the machine planning view.
Automatic Part Analysis
Through integration with Materialise Robot, the part files that you enter into Materialise Streamics are automatically analyzed in the background and the results are stored and visualized in the database without any interaction needed from your side. The system executes the calculations required for the analysis on the server and does not need any processing power from your local PC.
By means of customizable reporting services, Materialise Streamics enables different users to easily generate production or KPI reports. Materialise Streamics is preconfigured with an order, build and machine utilization report. You have the option to modify these standard reports or to develop new reports, tuned to the processes of your operations.
The creation of 3D-printed parts is no longer done in isolation. Very often, the technology needs to be aligned and integrated with other parts of a business. Thanks to its API, Materialise Streamics can easily be connected with other business systems such as an ERP system, or specific web applications.
Streamlined Request Submission
Materialise Streamics’ dedicated web portal ensures streamlined request submissions and follow-up. Designers and engineers can manage their requests at any time of the day. No more phone calls, no more missing data, but a comprehensive webpage giving guidance on the submission process instead. Automatic email notifications further ensure that stakeholders are informed about important status updates about their requests.
Automatic File Conversion and Part Repair
Through Materialise Robot integration, CAD files entered in the Materialise Streamics system are automatically converted to STL and the included parts are repaired in the background. Materialise Streamics stores the results in a database without any interaction needed from your side. The system executes the calculations required for the analysis on the server and does not need any processing power from your local PC.
Automatic Cost Calculation
The costs involved in 3D printing parts can be calculated automatically according to a user-specified formula using part properties. The formula is stored on the server and can be adopted by designated users at a desired time. The system executes the calculations required for the analysis on the server and does not need any processing power from your local PC.
Through the integration of Materialise Streamics with the Materialise Build Processor, job files are automatically created with specified machine parameters, with or without part labeling/serialization. The system executes the calculations required for the analysis on the server and does not need any processing power from your local PC.
For specific machine types, monitoring the machine status and automatically retrieving machine log files is also available.