Why Choose the Magics Tree Support Module?
There are a few reasons why tree support structures are beneficial when printing small and delicate metal parts. Have a look!
1. Print Better Metal Models
- Improve the surface quality thanks to minimized contact points
- Prevent part deformation with enhanced heat conduction systems
- Avoid pitting while removing the supports by adding break-off points
2. Save Time during the Finishing Process
- Avoid powder trapped inside the support structure
- Remove support fast and easily due to well-planned break-off points
3. Use Trees to Create Inlets in Your Next Lost-Wax Mold
- Fine-tune contact point angles to ensure an optimal inflow for pouring material into the mold
- Define the ideal tree cross-section diameters, depending on the casting material
“In our Selective Laser Melting department at Progold, we are always looking or next tools to mass produce small precious parts more efficient. That’s why we have turned to the Tree Support Module in Materialise Magics. With this module, we have reduced manufacturing time, which in turn has considerably increased productivity”
- Alessandro Loggi, Progold S.p.A.