Key Benefits of the Texturing Module
- Ensure printability and avoid excessive STL file sizes with slice-based technology
- Handle highly complex surfaces efficiently
- Have full control over the creation of new textures and how they are applied on your model
- Reduce lead time by incorporating textures in your design rather than as a post-processing step
- Keep confidential 3D designs or finished parts in your business
- Use textures to reduce the visibility of the slices in the printed part, minimizing the need for sanding and improving the overall looks
Key Benefits of the Lightweight Structures Module
- Choose from a wide variety of structures
- Add or design your own unit structures
- Apply it internally, following the surface or other options
- Optimize your designs based on analysis
- Process complex designs with the slice-based technology of the Build Processor
CAD Import Module
With the Materialise 3-matic CAD Import Module, you can create STL data from IGES, VDA, Vrml, Catia V4 and V5, UG, Pro-E and STEP files. Materialise 3-matic’s interactive CAD import reads the surface structure of your CAD file and lets you create detailed surfaces by taking low-accuracy surfaces and reloading them with a higher resolution.
CAD Link Module
The Materialise 3-matic CAD Link Module gives you the possibility to easily bring your file back to CAD. As a combination of the segmentation tools and intelligent automatic splitting, this module offers you the complete solution to convert STL files to IGES or STEP.
Included in the conversion is a feature recognition where the basic analytical shapes will be converted with the correct parameters, while the organic regions will be converted to NURBS to obtain a fully parametric design.
The Materialise 3-matic Remesh Module allows you to fully prepare your parts for CAE applications. The surface mesh is optimized through different manual and automatic remesh operations, which control the quality and size of the part’s surface triangulation.
The Remesh Module also offers a volume meshing functionality, which lets you create Tet4 and Tet10 volume meshes. These surface meshes and volume meshes can be exported to Fluent, Ansys, Abaqus, Comsol, Patran and Nastran file formats. Additionally, the lightweight beams designed in Materialise 3-matic can be exported to Abaqus and Optistruct, which allows you to fully analyze the structural integrity of your lightweight part before printing.